Skip to Main Content
Slip and Fall
Slips and falls are the leading cause of occupational injuries and emergency room visits in the United States. If you’ve been injured due to the negligence of a property owner, call Derek L. Casey today to review your case.

Slip and Fall Attorney in Modesto, CA

When you enter a public place, the owner of that property has a legal duty to maintain that area’s safety and security at all times. A slip and fall may sound like a minor accident, but these injuries can be serious, causing fractures, spinal cord injuries, chronic pain, and more. Whether you slipped and fell at work, a retail center, or a government building, the property manager may be liable for your injuries. 

Derek L. Casey is ready to help Californians in Stanislaus County get the compensation they deserve from property owners, management companies, and retailers who allow hazardous conditions on the premises. If you’ve recently suffered a slip and fall injury, call our firm today.

When to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney for Slip and Fall

Slip and Fall Attorney | Modesto CA | Derek L. Casey - DLC-Image10

If you’ve suffered a soft tissue injury, broken bone, head trauma, or any other injury that required medical attention from a fall in a public place, call Derek L. Casey. Our firm has a thorough understanding of California’s premises liability laws, and can help prove that the property owner didn’t fulfill their responsibilities to keep you, as a member of the public, safe. We’ll do everything we can to fight for full compensation for your injuries.

Derek L. Casey has held property owners and managers accountable for failing to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition, including oversights such as: 

  • Failure to regularly inspect property for dangerous conditions
  • Failure to remove debris or tripping hazards from construction zones
  • Not posting warnings about potential slip and fall hazards
  • Not repairing flooring, stairs, spills, or other trip hazards that pose a risk to the public

Slip and Fall FAQs

What should I do after a slip and fall accident?
First and foremost, seek medical treatment for your injuries, even if they don’t feel major. Having documented medical records will help strengthen your case. Then, report the accident to the property owner. Once these steps are complete, call Derek L. Casey for a consultation. We can help you gather evidence and document the scene to build the strongest case for your claim.
What are the most common slip and fall accidents?
Wet and uneven floors are the most common causes of slips and falls. According to the National Floor Safety Institute & the CDC, floors and flooring materials contribute to more than 2 million fall injuries per year, and 85% of all worker’s compensation claims are caused by slips on slick floors. Loose floorboards, missing tiles, broken stairs, and spills are major contributors. If any of these hazards contributed to your injury, call Derek L. Casey for a consultation!
Who can be held responsible for slip and fall injuries?

Generally, whoever owns or is responsible for managing a property is also responsible for keeping it in safe condition. Depending on the unique nature of your case, we may be able to seek damages from:

  • Homeowners Associations
  • Landlords
  • Business owners
  • Retail owners
  • Municipal entities
  • Nursing homes
  • Schools
  • Apartment owners & property managers

Request a Consultation

* Indicates required questions
Name *
Phone # *
Email *
Law Area *
Phone: (209) 622-0079

You deserve an experienced and understanding attorney to protect your future, freedom, and financial security. Start a conversation today.

Get in touch. Contact an experienced criminal defense & personal injury attorney today.